Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” Matthew 22:37-40
HPC offers a variety of opportunities for adults to grow in their faith by loving God fully. From Sunday morning classes to weekday Bible studies and bi-weekly Small Groups, there are many ways to gather together around God’s word and to support one another through prayer.
To find out more about our Small Groups or our Adult Education programs, please email Karen Shumaker or call the Church Office.
As parents, we long for our kids to develop deep, dynamic Christian faith that “sticks” long term. Research shows, though, that almost half of graduating high school seniors struggle deeply with their faith. Join Pastor Ryan Pixton and Karen Shumaker in the Hospitality Room as we examine strategies to encourage our children and youth’s spiritual growth so that it will stick to them into adulthood.
Sunday's from April 8th - May 6th @ 11:00a
- Bible Study Fellowship (BSF) for Men - God can do amazing things in and through men as we study the Bible together during this free, interdenominational and global study. Tuesday's from 7:00p - 8:30p beginning Sept. 12 at HPC. Men and K-12 students; please bring them! For more information, please visit their website.
- Men’s Friday Morning Bible Study - Every Friday morning from Sept. – May, the Men’s Friday Morning Bible Study meets at a different home for a certain month. Share breakfast, fellowship and the Bible. Study is from 6:30a to 8:00a (come when you can; leave when you must). Please call the church office for details as the meeting place will rotate.
- Monday Morning Mom’s Group - Our Mom’s Group meets the 2nd and 4th Mondays of each month from 9:15a - 10:45a in room 309. Nursery is available. Please contact Holly Steiner if you are interested or would like additional information. Join us as we seek to apply God’s truth to life’s realities and support one another through our relationships and prayer.
- Friday Morning Women’s Bible Study (Scripture Magnolias)
- What we are about: The Friday Morning Bible Study (aka Scripture Magnolias) is a women’s ministry. We continually strive to live out our faith and to grow in Christ guided by the Holy Spirit. In addition to the study of God’s Word, we engage in mission outreach project (s) as well as being deeply committed to praying for others. We are in service to HPC as the opportunities present themselves and we enjoy fellowship with one another on a regular basis.
- Our class meets each Friday morning in the Hospitality Room from 9:45a - 11:30a.
- Looking Ahead: This study group is an on-going study. We are divided into three semesters: Fall, winter, spring. We often take a break during the summer of months of July and August.
- Come join us as you glean that God is real, he is alive, he protects and guides us. You are welcome at any time! Jump in when you can, skip when you must. For more information, please contact the church office call Sissy Molnar directly at 412-629-5748.
- Women's Prayer Circle - We meet on the 2nd Thursday of each month from 7:00p - 8:00p, September through May in the Prayer Room.
- Women's Monthly Bible Study - We meet at 9:00a on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at Eat 'N Park followed by a Bible Study at the church. Please contact the church office or Barbara Haberlein for more information.
- Wednesday Morning Bible Study - Join us from 10:00a - 11:00a as we take an in-depth look at God’s word. We meet in the library from September through May. Rush Hodgin is the Facilitator. For more information, please contact the church office.
- Small Group for Parents of Young Kids - We meet the 2nd Sunday of each month from 6:00p - 7:30p from September through May in Room 202. Nursery is available. Moms and/or Dads are welcome!
- Young at Heart - A ministry for those whose heart is young, but the body has clocked a few miles in life.
The Deacons have developed this special ministry for our elder members in the church. It meets once a month on Thursday's for lunch and a special program. Please see our events page for each month's activity.
Church Office Information
The Church Office is open daily (M-F) from 9:00 am-4:30 pm. However, if you need to stop by after 4:30 pm, call ahead and let us know. Members of the church staff are often available after 4:30 pm.
Connect with us!